When you access, browse, view or use the UDC Website you accept these Terms and any policies that we refer to in these Terms.
These Terms are governed by New Zealand law.
Your use of the UDC Website
Information on the UDC Website
Security of personal information
Third party websites and links
IP Addresses, Cookies and Analytics
Liability of UDC excluded
Amendments to these Terms
You may not:
- interfere with or attempt to impair our computer systems or transit software, viruses, worms or other harmful files or malware;
- attempt to gain access to any part of the UDC Website you are not authorised to access;
- reproduce, adapt, copy, distribute or incorporate in any other work, in whole or in part, any information, content or material from the UDC Website, including any trade mark appearing on the UDC Website, without the written permission of UDC;
- use the UDC Website for any illegal activity, or for any activity that would cause us to breach any law;
- use the UDC Website in any way that may bring us into disrepute, or for any activity that is inappropriate; or
- create a link to the UDC Website (or any part of the UDC Website) from any other website, without the prior written consent of UDC.
It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality and security of any information that may be used to access UDC Live, including your password. Importantly, you agree not to share your password, login information or other security related information with any other person and you must notify us immediately if there has been or you suspect there may be any unauthorised use of your UDC Live account.
The copyright in all information, material, content (including rights in text, graphics, arrangement and design) that is displayed, or available on the UDC Website belongs to UDC or our licensors unless otherwise stated.
Nothing in these Terms constitutes a transfer or licence of any of our intellectual property rights, including any intellectual property rights that we have in and to the information, material or content that is displayed or available on the UDC Website, including any tools or calculators.
UDC may change the information, content or material that is displayed or available on the UDC Website at any time without any notice.
UDC does not accept any liability for:
- any error, omission, or misstatement that appears on the UDC Website; or
- any information, content or material that appears on the UDC Website that is made in an unauthorised manner, or that is posted or uploaded to the UDC Website by another user.
We take reasonable steps to ensure personal information in our possession and control is protected and held securely, including updating our technology regularly and reviewing developments in security and encryption technologies.
If your browser is suitably configured, it will advise you whether the information you are sending us will be secure (encrypted) or not secure (unencrypted). If secure transmission is indicated, UDC currently uses 128 bit SSL encryption. However, no transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. We do not make any warranties in relation to the security of information you disclose or transmit to us over the internet or through our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
To help prevent fraud, we recommend you take steps to keep any information about you or your facilities with us secure.
We may store your personal information in secure electronic data storage facilities that are managed by third party providers. Where this is the case, UDC requires that providers keep the information secure.
The UDC website may also contain links to the websites of third-party providers of goods and services ("Third Party websites"). If you have accessed Third Party websites through the UDC website and if those third parties collect information about you, UDC may also collect or have access to that information as part of our arrangements with those third parties. UDC is not responsible for the content of Third-Party websites. Links are provided for convenience only and do not represent any endorsement by UDC of products offered by the site owner.
Where you access a Third-Party website from the UDC website, cookie information, information about your preferences or other information you have provided about yourself may be shared between us and the third party.
Third Party websites should contain their own privacy statements and those third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.a
It is necessary for UDC to collect your IP address for your interaction with various parts of the UDC website. Your IP address is the identifier for your computer when you are using the internet. For instance, UDC collects and stores your IP address when you log into UDC Live. As part of our security for UDC Live, UDC uses this information when we attempt to detect and prevent fraudulent transactions in UDC Live. We store your IP address for security, audit and reporting purposes. Your IP address will not be used by us or released to any third party except in the case of security, inappropriate behaviour or fraud issues, such as unauthorised access to your, or our computer systems or fraudulent transactions.
We use "cookies" as a fundamental part of our interaction with your internet browser. The purpose is to provide you with better and more customised service and a more effective website. A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. A web server sends you a cookie and your browser accepts it. The browser then returns the cookie to the web server next time you visit that particular website. You can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your browser.
Please note that if your browser is configured to reject all cookies you will be unable to use secure services on the UDC website that require cookies in order to participate. Those services may include online applications and surveys. You may still be able to use some information-only pages even if you do not accept cookies.
We use Google Analytics to anonymously measure activity across our online platforms. Google Analytics records information about visitors and what they do which we use to improve the user experience of our websites, UDC Live, application forms and online tools. This information also allows us to tailor the experience and content for a user based on what they have visited or interacted with during a previous visit.
UDC also uses Google Analytics ("Tracking Company") to collect information on how you utilise the UDC website. The Tracking Company uses "cookies" to collect information such as:
- the server your computer is logged onto;
- your browser type; and
- the date and time of your visit,
- and to collect information on how you utilise the UDC website.
The Tracking Company uses that information to perform statistical analyses of aggregate user behaviour, but those analyses are not based on personal information. UDC uses those analyses to measure advertising effectiveness and relative consumer interest in the various areas of the UDC website. As a general rule, the Tracking Company does not collect personal information in this process. If, however, any personal information is incorporated in information that the Tracking Company automatically collects, the Tracking Company is required under its arrangements with UDC to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of that personal information.
We may disclose the information collected by the Tracking Company, in an aggregate form only, to third parties including advertisers or potential advertisers.
When you access the UDC website after viewing a UDC advertisement on a Third Party website, the advertising company collects information on how you utilise the UDC website, such as which web pages you view or whether you complete an online application.
The advertising and Tracking Company use this information to perform statistical analyses of aggregate user behaviour, but those analyses are not based on personal information. UDC uses these analyses to track UDC website and marketing performance and to offer more relevant advertising and content on Third Party websites. UDC may disclose this information in an aggregate (not personal) form only, to third parties including advertisers or potential advertisers.
You use the UDC Website at your own risk, and to the fullest extent permitted by law UDC will not be responsible or liable:
- in contract, tort (including negligence), equity or otherwise for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or punitive damage or any loss of profit, income, savings or any loss or corruption of data, or any business interruption, or any costs or expenses incurred or suffered by you or any other person arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the UDC Website, UDC Live, or any linked websites other than claims that may arise out of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (if applicable); and
- for any loss or damage caused by spyware, viruses, worms, trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature that may be transmitted to your computer by use of the UDC Website. UDC expressly excludes any warranties as to the availability and/or security of the UDC Website.
You agree that the UDC Website:
- may not operate on a continuous basis, and may be unavailable from time to time (including for maintenance purposes); and
- UDC may, at any time and for any reason, make the UDC Website, or any part of the UDC Website unavailable to you or any other person.
UDC is not responsible for any third-party software used in conjunction with the UDC Website.
Any information provided on the UDC Website is provided as a guide only and is not financial advice. Any calculations generated based on information you provide, is general in nature and may not be complete or suit your individual circumstances.
You acknowledge and agree that the UDC Privacy Statement applies to any personal information that UDC collects, uses, holds or discloses about you.
UDC may amend these Terms at any time and for any reason without prior notice to you, and any amendment will be effective on the posting of the amended Terms on the UDC Website.
Last modified: December 2020